Sowing in Terento
Spring is sowing time!
time in Terento
in South Tyrol… like in Grandpa's time. Different corns like oat, wheat, barley and flax seeds are sowed on the church field in Terento! Furthermore, peas, cauliflower and potatoes are also planted.
Sowing in detail:
- "Eare fiehrn" Earth is transported in a special cart from the bottom to the top of the field
- "Baudn" A harnessed horse team is used to plough the field.
- "Egn" A harrow is drawn by horses over the ploughed field in order to break up the clods.
- "San" the farmers sow wheat, oats, flax, poppy and peas by hand together with the school children
- Presentation of traditional farming tools
- Farmers and farm hands tell anecdotes and stories from the "life of the farmers back then"
- Live music